Song title: Viva Las Vegas
by Elvis Presley
Viva Las Vegas
Hey blackjack dealer, Hit me man!
Bright lights city gonna set my soul gonna set my soul on fire
I got a whole lotta money that’s ready to burn so get those stakes up high
There’s a thousand pretty women just-a waiting out there
hey’re all living just the devil may care
And I’m just a devil with love to spare
So Viva Las Vegas
I wish that there were more than twenty-four hours in a day
Even if there were forty more I wouldn’t sleep a minute away
There’s blackjack, poker, and roulette wheel
A fortune won and lost on every deal
All you need is money and nerves of steel
Viva Las Vegas
Well viva Las Vegas with the neon flashing
And the walls crashing all your hopes down the drain
Yea viva Las Vegas turning day into nighttime
Turning night into daytime if you seen it once you’ll never be the same again
I’m gonna be on the run I’m gonna have me some fun
If it costs me my very last dime
If I wind up broke, well, I’ll always remember that I had me a swinging time
I’m gonna give it everything I got
Lady Luck I want you let the dice stay hot
Let me shoot a seven with every shot
Viva Las Vegas
Published on the following official releases:
Very few performances of this songs are known (to me, at least!):
- THE LAST TEMPTATION OF ELVIS (Album VVAA,1990)
- VIVA LAS VEGAS (IT'S NOW OR NEVER) (12 in.,1990)
- THE ESSENTIAL BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN (Album,2003)
- 13/08/1992 The Centrum, Worcester,MA ,USA during the Human Touch Tour, during the soundcheck.
- 23/03/1993 Count Basie Theater, Red Bank,NJ ,USA
- 30/03/1993 SCC Arena, Glasgow ,GB, during the soundcheck.
- 24/04/1993 Flanders Expo, Gent ,Belgium during the Human Touch Tour
- 22/05/1993 National Bowl, Milton Keynes ,GB during the Human Touch Tour
- 12/04/1995 Carnegie Hall, New York,NY ,USA
- 21/05/2000 Arrowhead Pond, Anaheim,CA ,USA during the Reunion Tour, during the soundcheck.
- 27/05/2000 MGM Grand Garden, Las Vegas,NE ,USA during the Reunion Tour
- 18/08/2002 Thomas and Mack Center, Las Vegas,NE ,USA during the The Rising Tour
First known live performance: 23/03/1993 Count Basie Theater, Red Bank,NJ ,USA
Last known live performance: 18/08/2002 Thomas and Mack Center, Las Vegas,NE ,USA
Recorded during the TUNNEL OF LOVE studio sessions, but then not used for the album.
Two only renderings for this song in the Human Touch tour (24/04/1993 Flanders Expo, Gent ,Belgium and 22/05/1993 National Bowl, Milton Keynes ,GB)
Two only performances during the Reunion tour (27/05/2000 MGM Grand Garden, Las Vegas,NE ,USA)
Played once in the whole Rising tour (18/08/2002 Thomas and Mack Center, Las Vegas,NE ,USA)
The song made its first official apparition being included, as inedit track, in the bonus CD of the ESSENTIAL compilation, released in 2003.
The song was also played in informal happenings or off-tour appearances